Disney Licensee

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Thu Jan 17 02:10:17 CET 2002

Harry:

>That's Disney's fault, and the fault of the creators who agreed to work for
>Disney, or a Disney licensee. They agreed to be anonymous, and to lose all
>rights over their creations.

And I don't agree with you, Harry! :)

I don't see this as "agree, don't agree"...an artist sometimes NEED to be
under this ridiculous circunstances, if he/she wanted to DO this type of
work...! Of course I can disagree, and figth for some things, but usually
this mean nothing!!! Wasn't Romano Scarpa into a tribunal 'cause
he wants his original pages back to him? And what's the result? OFF COURSE
Disney didn't returned it...and why Scarpa continues to do work for
Disney? 'Cause he loves his work and the characters he's working with,
beside the fact that they are "Disney" characters!!!

Ok, I don't agree with the artists that doesn't care for this type of
things...
I see it by myself! Here in Brazil they've never put the credits to the
artists...And I agree with this? Of course not! And it's obvsouly that I do
everithing to make my point, and I think that contribuinting to the Inducks
are a great thing on that aspect...

In few words, I think it's not right to say that the artists "agreed" with
the Disney comics license situations...some probably did, others in fact,
not. We can not generalize into this aspect.

Augh!!! I supose my english was terrible this time! ;)

Fernando!