DCML digest, Vol 1 #815 - 8 msgs

Mike Pohjola mikep at iki.fi
Sat Jan 26 14:33:15 CET 2002

DON:
> Nope. It's the same deal. For Egmont to publish as much as a Disney match
> book cover *in English*, it would require them to negotiate (and pay!) for
> an entirely new license, that for publishing English language editions.

Helsinki Media in Finland has been publishing "language tutorial" books
with Barks gag stories in English. Mostly one pagers, I think.

Couldn't they theoretically publish a similar thing with new Rosa
stories? Of course, for the American audience to buy it, they couldn't
market it with a title such as "Don Rosa Teaches English"...0

--
Mike Pohjola
mikep at iki.fi            +358-50-5238399            http://www.iki.fi/mikep