Square fruit and vegetables - a reality today

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 10 13:01:06 CEST 2002

Hi!

Sigvald:
>>> The United Arabian Emirates have started production of
>>> square melons, tomatoes and cucumbers in order to gain
>>> a more effective use of the space in refrigerators.

Japanese beat them to it; I read about it last year and I think it was mentioned on the list.
I remember also one of magazine "Pif" 's gadgets: a plastic device to make square eggs; you peeled
off the shell and put the egg in the square thing. That was a looooong time ago, in the early to mid
eighties.

Olivier