Sv: DCML digest, Vol 1 #1000 - 18 msgs

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Mon Jul 15 15:23:56 CEST 2002

Hi all

LARRY
(Who I know from the duckhunt mailing-list)

> No new Disney comics in English for over 3 years now.  So I've been
> re-reading my Gladstone collection, and finished all the long Barks
> stories.  Now I've started the Don Rosa stories, beginning with
> "Son of the Sun".  When I read "Fit to be Pied", I saw some
> items from Barks' stories I hadn't noticed before, so I tried to
access
> DuckHunt's "Barks' References" page to see if they were already
> posted there.  A few years ago I helped Osgar Jensen with a few
> references---that website was lots of fun.  But Osgar Jensen is
> now busy with other things, and his webpage isn't responding
> anymore.  Has it died forever?  I'm sure he put a lot of work into
it.
> When I didn't get any response, I searched around and found DCML,
> and joined this mailing list.
>
>             The Barks' references I noticed in "Fit to be Pied" are:
>   1.  Page 5, panel 3:  Donald examines a costume that looks just
like
> Smorgie the Bad, the ogre conjured up by Witch Hazel in Barks' 1952
> "Trick or Treat" Holloween story.
>    2.  Page 5, panels 4 through  page 7, panel 1,  Donald uses a
> disguise (huge coat, hat and beard) previously worn by Scrooge in
> Barks' November, 1957 story,  "Sagmore Springs Hotel".
>           Does anyone know if these references were already posted?
That's Asger Jensen - and yes the page is sadly down and we haven't
heard from Asger for a long time. Sigvald and I do plan to make a new
page
taking up the Barks references and other references. These would be
included there.
I do remember sending Asger some references - eg. the talking dog in
that story
- the one who said times are tough old pal.
I also noticed the Smorgie-costume, but never could find out where that
disguise came from.
Sagmore Springs Hotel of course - where Donald goes from potato pealer
to director to
potato peal squasher (or whatever it was that the monkey did before
him...)

AC