Politics in Duckburg

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Jul 18 10:38:10 CEST 2002

SIGVALD:

> the job as a mayor at least in the Duck/McDuck family.
> I would think that in Duckburg as in the rest of the
> US, there would only be a few candidates for the job
> as a mayor, because one would need both strong
> economic and moral support to go for such a campaign.

Are you implying that, in a democracy, only rich people can be candidates
for office?

[The problem is not with being a candidate, but with actually getting
elected, which is where money and political backing play an important
part. :( A couple elections back, when I happened to count the
candidates, there were something like forty different candidates for
mayor of Athens. Most of them were lumped from the start as "others",
and hardly got any votes.]

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Kings and Emperors aren't supposed to have common sense.  It's too common."
-----