Ludwig Von Drake in Rosa's stories

lgiver@postoffice.pacbell.net lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net
Tue Jul 23 07:34:27 CEST 2002

On page 4, panel 3, of the "Pied Piper of Duckburg" story, we see Ludwig
Von Drake in his laboratory in Duckburg (pages 4 through 8 were drawn by
Rosa).  He looks a lot like Scrooge, but with black eye-brows and
smaller eyes.   I had forgotten he was in this story, so when I first
read Rosa's "A Little Something Special", I couldn't figure out who was
seated next to Gyro's Helper (page 8, big panel 5) that looked like
Scrooge, except that it couldn't be Scrooge since he was still in his
money bin.  Wouter explained on DUCK-Hunt discussion that it had to be
Ludwig Von Drake, and that Don Rosa likes to use him.
    Are there any other cameo appearences of Ludwig in Rosa's stories?
                                        ----Larry Giver