Don Rosa book

Per Martinson per.martinson at home.se
Tue Jul 30 11:03:13 CEST 2002

I have to say I disagree. I think Egmont have released too much hardcover
books already, and it's time to release some cheaper albums. I don't like
these expensive hardcover books, that you nearly cannot touch, because they
will loose their value. Comics are made to be read, then cheaper albums will
make it possible for more people to read them.
I also think, I know this might be provocative, that Don Rosa isn't such a
good comic writer. He is a good donaldist, but he doesn't write anything
really new and innovative, he only uses things that Barks created. Why is
everything Barks made seen as law? He was an incomparably good writer, but
that was to a large extent because he made so much new things. There is many
other writers today that makes this much better than Don Rosa. Why is people
today only talking about him?
If everyone would write comics based on Barks' facts we wouldn't have
anything new to read and discuss. That's why I think Don Rosa shuold just
stay as a donaldist, and not write comics, and that's also why I think other
writers should get more space.
I even want to point out that Egmont alreadey has released "The Life and
Times of Scrooge McDuck" in hardcover, isn't it time for someone else now?!!

Per Martinson