KOMIX #168

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Jun 3 08:10:18 CEST 2002

The June Issue of Komix is out, with no sign of Groo in this or in the
announced contents of next month's issue. Thus, I am going to tentatively
restart my Komix column. I'll also be posting two month's worth of
translations each month, so that I can catch up. So, without further ado,
here's what's in this month's issue of Komix:

* Cover by Don Rosa. I have put a scan of the cover at
  http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis/pics/komix168.jpg
* Two pages of letters to Komix. In one letter, a reader asks about comics
  ispired by movies, and, in their reply, the editors say that in a
  future issue there will be a surprise that will answer the reader's
  question. Next to the letter is the cover and one page from Cavazzano's
  "Casablanca"!!!  I can't wait to be "surprised"!
* Two pages with "the news of Komix".
* "Escape from he Forbidden valley", by Don Rosa. (D98346)
* A two-page article titled "Return to Forbidden Valley", subtitled "ducks,
  gorillas, and dinosaurs in the blender", by Don Rosa.
* A one-page article titled "Carl Barks' sources", subtitled "Don
  Rosa commens on Carl Barks "Forbdden Valley".
* "The Hada's House", writen and Drawn by Marco Rota. (D97380)
* "Thanks for the Memories", written by John Lustig, drawn by Vicar. (D92041)
* A one-page article titled "Back to the Roots", subtitled "new mystery
  cycle for Mickey Mouse", immediately following an ad for said cycle
  (of course). Why do I get the feeling that they are preaching to the
  converted here? Even *I* am going to be buying this series!
* "A Day in a Duck's Life", written by Carl Barks, redrawn by Daan Jippes.
  (H98085)

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"The walls might hide spies, or, at any rate, historians."
-----