spelling and grammar

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Jun 3 12:31:03 CEST 2002

THERESA:

> (besides, if everyone has to spell perfectly, it's a bit hard for those
> from countries where English is not the second language in the same way as
> in Sweden, to dare to write messages to the list! So let this list be a
> little more liberal.

Then again, one might argue that people for whom English is not a second
language (or a *first* language!) correct spelling and grammar are
particularly important, as they are the only kind of English spelling
and grammar with which they are familiar. As Don once pointed out
(in jest?) DCML members tend to write better English than many of his
fellow countrymen!

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"So I'm an unevolved twentieth-century Earthling. Sue me."
-----