AW: Duckburg and the Soccer World Cup

cwiljes@bol.de cwiljes at bol.de
Mon Jun 3 15:36:11 CEST 2002

> First how can a single city participate with it's own
> team in a Soccer World Cup or in the Olympics?
> Specially when it's definitely not an independent
> nation as Duckburg is definitely a part of Calisota
> which we have learned is a 51st state in the USA.

In my understanding you can compare the status of Duckburg in Calisota and
the USA with the Holy State (Vatican City) in Rome and Italy: It is a
separate state with all the according rights (government, taxes, army) but
shares various connections (currency, jurisdiction,...) with the country
around it. Here in Germany we have some cities (Hamburg, Bremen, Berlin)
which are their own states - just like NY in the U.S.. So Duckburg's status
may be something in beween "Vatican State" an "New York" - they are
independent enough to have their own embassys and olympic teams but still
belong to the country around it.

Cord