Bucky's Wedding

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Thu Jun 6 10:35:58 CEST 2002

Now that The INDUCKS is up again, I have perused the Bucky Bug stories list to
try to find "Bucky's Wedding", for Ronald Alphin.  Unfortunately, there was no
story with that title.  I do have the U.S. Abbeville Press reprint of the 10
Jan, 1932 - 13 June, 1934 Bucky Bug "Silly Symphonies" King Features newspaper
strips.  None of those Sunday strips included "Bucky's Wedding". They ended
with Bucky leaving home to seek adventure. I do not remember the other Bucky
Bug strips by Taliaferrom (which followed); but only the last one "Bucky
Returns to Junkville", includes June Bug. That is the only possibility among
the Taliaferro strips.  The US "Silly Symphonies" giant comics of the 1950s did
not include a wedding story.  The list of Dutch Bucky Bug stories and USA
stories by Buettner and the other 1940s WDC printings also looks very
complete.  I cannot remember Bucky getting married in any of the comic book
stories.  But, I seem to remember him marrying June Bug at the end of
the "Silly Symphonies" strip run.  Can any of our newspaper strip expert
members answer that question?  There was no listing for a reprinting of that
strip in any book or comic book.

Thanks for any help.  Rob
Klein