LVD's debut in print

DGE@ECN.egmont.com DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Wed Jun 12 19:44:06 CEST 2002

	Hey Frank!

>If anybody is in possession of one of these publications, could he or she
>please tell me if Ludwig can be seen in this strip or not?
>
>http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/ZD+61-09-24

	He isn't. Not exactly.
	I'm going from memory here (I re-read the strip in Marcia Blitz's
book a few months ago), but...
	DD has gotten a message from LVD, saying that LVD will "arrive" at
Donald's house that evening. DD explains to Daisy that over the years, LVD
has sent DD all kinds of ugly paintings to display in his house, and DD now
must hurriedly dig them out of the attic and put them up on the walls, so
the famous professor LVD will see them when he comes, and get the idea that
DD appreciates his gifts.
	DD and Daisy race to put all the paintings up by the time LVD is to
"arrive". The big moment comes and... an express post deliverer appears at
the house, bringing DD a package to sign for. It's... a big painting of LVD
himself, to be displayed with the other paintings!
	LVD has thus "arrived".

	So we see LVD on the painting in the end, but he doesn't appear "in
person".

	David