AW: Decaying flaky old paper is best

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 15:48:38 CEST 2002

Hi all

Cord wrote:

> The best of all worlds: A flat handheld device of
> slightly larger than album format with a long
> lasting battery and a radio connection to the
> internet, so you can download any item anytime and
> anywhere with pay per view. I think in a scenario
> like this older high quality comics will gain a
> much greater market share than now.

This device is not far from being reality: E-books
(electronic books) needs a device like this and there
are already some models in the market. In a few years
(3 of 4 maybe) this will be reality :-)
Also imagine that we will save millions of trees from
being paper, which we usually throw after a few time!

I'd like to have my Komix collection on a DVD (a CD is
not enough if you want good-quality scans), with
indexes, notes, covers, articles, live updates from
the internet with the latest issues and without
spending your room's space to collect them! Isn't it
amazing? Then you can make some backup cds, keep them
somewhere and sit in front your pc and view your
favourite comics without care about dust or anything
else that can possibly destroy them!
Best Wishes

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece