Left out

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 19 14:29:40 CEST 2002

GARY WROTE:

> I appreciate you making this point on my behalf, and setting the record
> straight. I wasn't aware of this slip before, and it is irksome to be
> uncredited in such instances. Still, such slipups are usually
> unintended, a
> moment of inattention in an editorial/production staffer's extremely busy
> day. (I can relate to this sort of thing, believe me.)

AND I REPLY:

It just seems to go with the territory, doesn't it Gary?  Partial credit
seems even harder to come by when working in the shadow of someone so
universally recognized as Don.  I don't think any European comic or
newspaper reporting on the story ever acknowledged that Don did not draw or
do a solo design on the Money Bin blueprints, even though Don told everyone
repeatedly that the had help and gave them my name.

Oh well, the pay is the same.

Dan