House of Haunts

Shaun Craill scraill at methven.net
Tue Jun 25 21:53:33 CEST 2002

	Er.. well.. uhm... maybe "duke" is a nickname? Or maybe he was
really a duke
	from Europe, who was called "Mad Duke" because he rebuilt an ancient
house
	in Duckburg?
	And maybe "Duckburg" is also a duchy in Europe?

	Actually, I don't know the English text of the story (House of
Haunts), so I
	don't know which details my explanation should cover... 8-)

	--Harry.

	Well, stranger things have happened in real life so I think any
explanation is possible, take the case of the Barons Hindu styled Palace in
Helipolis, Cairo:

	www.egy.com/landmarks/97-05-01.shtml
<http://www.egy.com/landmarks/97-05-01.shtml>

	I particularly liked the references to the American cabaret dancer
known as "Goldie" and the Citizen Kane mention in the note at the end, just
to keep things slightly on topic.
	Shaun