Collector Weasels was: Re: DCML digest #916

M. Mitchell Marmel marmelmm at drexel.edu
Sun May 5 16:24:33 CEST 2002

At 8:01 AM -0400 5/5/02, Don Rosa wrote:

>Collectible. Coll-ecch-tible. Ugh.

I refer to 'em as "Collector Weasels", myself.

On a semi-related tangent, I've bought so-called "collectors items" in the past, and I always get an extra frisson of pleasure in using the items as intended, knowing their so-called "collector's value" is being destroyed.

For example, I have Number 120 of the first 1000 Walther P-22 .22 calibre target pistols ever made.  Do I give a fig over a low serial number?  Nope.  I take it to the range, it works great, very accurate, I enjoy using it and I enjoy envisioning the weasels' agonized screams of "Noooooo!  YOU'RE RUINING ITS RESALE!"  Whoopty-fraggin'-doo, Mister Weasel.

Don, I intend to meet you face-to-face someday with a stack of your comics in hand.  And I want you to inscribe in HUGE LETTERS ON THE FRONT OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM BAD BOYS, "TO MITCH, DON ROSA."

The aitch-ee-double-toothpicks with 'collector's value'.

And to blazes with the collector weasels.

-MMM-

(Apologies to any decent, honest mustelids out there.)