Scrooge McDuck's Western Money Bin

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald4 at yahoo.no
Fri May 10 13:40:45 CEST 2002

"Fr. Franz" <ststephensmf at nls.net> skrev:

> The story "Hum On the Range" Uncle Donald and His
> Nephews Dude Ranch, No. 52, 1961 (A Dell Giant)
> mentions Scrooge's Western Money Bin, which is
> underground in an unspecified state. One panel
> shows the inside of the money bin. Does anyone
> know if there were every any other references to
> this Western Money Bin?

A check with the I.N.D.U.C.K.s datebase shows that
"Hum On the Range" is a Tony Strobl story. If you see
the Barks’ Duck-universe as the “true” one, and most
serious Donaldists do so, there are no reason,
whatsoever, to even consider this information as a
fact, if you can’t find support for it in any story by
Barks or his successor Don Rosa. Since all sources
about Scrooge and Duckburg are fiction they will often
be contradictory and thus they can’t all tell the
truth. It is for instance impossible to consider both
Lo$ by Don Rosa and the 50th anniversary Donald Duck
Story by Marco Rota as true, because their view about
who Scrooge is, differs totally.

Best regards from
Sigvald :-)