Totally OT about loaned words (was: More OT about Holland (but shorter this time))

Jussi Mantere jmantere at niksula.hut.fi
Wed May 15 15:30:22 CEST 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Fluks, H.W. wrote:

> Sure. Ombudsman is a Dutch word. Just like knäckebröd and sauna. And
> fingerspitzengefühl, joie-de-vivre, mozzarella, and talkshow.

Totally off-topic, but I couldn't resist: I wonder if there is any
language (apart from Swedish) that doesn't call the sauna "sauna"?
(and also, if there's any language that doesn't call an idea something
derived and very similar to the original "idea"?)

 -jussi
--
. jussi mantere
. http://www.iki.fi/obs/