Euro-sign

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Wed May 15 21:49:16 CEST 2002

ANDERS WROTE:

> Somehow I just had the oppurtunity to see the MoneyBin vs beagle Boys
> story in dutch. - the blueprints are fine -
> but, and I don't want to start the interesing discussion again, I will
> just say: the euro-sign is downright ugly on those pages. -
> In the other version I''ve seen whatever letters, signs were there, they
> looked fine - being in the same style as the
> rest of the drawing - thin lines, forming the KR, DD or whatever. This is
> the same child with a markerpen sign
> that we have seen so often in the german MM with DD's on the bin that
> don't look like eachother from one panel to the other.

AND I REPLY:

Do I dare open my trap again?  Yeah, damn the torpedoes -- full speed ahead!

Several of the European blueprints had consistent, architectural style logos
on the front elevation view because I drew them for each version if
requested to do so.  I also lettered each of those versions if asked.  Some
of the other language versions chose to do it on their own (Holland being
one of them), so I had no input on the lettering, the translations, or the
look of the bin facade.

There, I think I managed to make an intelligent comment.  That was hard
work.

Dan