Don Rosa's Duck Family Tree

Simo Malinen malines24 at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 17:09:21 CEST 2002

SIGVALD:
>Don Rosa's Duck Family Tree
>b) The I.N.D.U.C.K.S. / COA pages operate with various
>codes for this piece of work. And the D-code don't
>even start with the actual year (93) it was done. So
>what is the correct code(s) and why?

D 11221 2 Donald Duck Family Tree -
http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/D+11221//family_+tree_

You ask why Don Rosa's Duck family tree isn't having a D-code
like "D 93nnn"?

Basicly in the 1970's and the 80's Danish (Egmont) stories
and covers had "running code numbers", like for example:

D  6848 is a story (about 1983)
D  6849 is a cover
D  6850 is an other story

These code numbers weren't related to any year numbers. (And yes,
even covers are having D-codes, you can find them from INDUCKS/COA.)

In 1988 (or so) this coding method was changed. After that:

- *stories* were given those D-year-codes (D 88001, D 98405, D 2000-202,
...)

- covers, gamepages and illustrations were still given
   D-running-number-codes (like D 10970, D 12715, D 14185, ...)

At this moment the most recent covers and games are having
D-codes such as D 17146. So Don Rosa's Duck family tree isn't having
a code like "D 93nnn" because it isn't a comic story (atleast in
the traditional way).

- Simo