About the use of kill-filters

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon Nov 4 20:40:31 CET 2002

Klaus Harms <harms313 at web.de> wrote:

>I have extended my email kill filter: My mail server
>now automatically deletes anything that carries the
>string "virus" in the message body. No offense meant,
>Sigvald.

As long as you are doing the filtering by subject
it's completely OK, because then you are focusing
on subject, not on person.

Unfortunately some persons on this list now seems
to make this into a personal vendetta against me,
that's *not* serious and AFAIK that is usually also
considered to be bad netiquette. And calling *me* a
virus is definitely VERY close to personally insulting
me.

Anyway I take the signals and will try to calm
a bit down in the future, even though that will
sometimes be against my personal nature of
saying/writing exactly what I think there and
then.

Sigvald :-)