Duckburg's population/Barks Christmas Book

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Nov 9 04:22:32 CET 2002

Rob Klein wrote:

> Greetings everyone!
> I wonder why Barks' great 1949 Christmas Parade story
> "A Letter To Santa" was left out of that great Christmas Book?

It is already published in the golden books. As goes for
"A Christmas for Shacktown" which is published in "Carl
Barks beste".

> There was also Barks' late Uncle Scrooge Christmas story
> from 1964 with the gifts for the Duchess of Duckshire
> fore the "Twelve Days of Christmas".

Then one where Scrooge is hypnotized to give a lot of gifts
to a dog? I think that one is also published in the golden
books.

> For other evidence of Duckburg's necessary large population:
> Don't forget that Duckburg was also ahead in technology (space
> programs)...

A few months ago Don Rosa wrote here on DCML that "there is no
space-port in my Duckburg". So this part of your evidence is not
indisputable.

> It also has the World-Wide headquarters/Economic Empire of the
> richest man in the World, as well as reasonable-sized facilities
> of a few of his rivals (Flintheart Glomgold)...

No, Glomgold lives in the Limpopoo Valley, South Africa. So
here it would be more correct to refer to John D. Rockerduck
instead.

Sigvald :-)