About Ludwig and Donald?

Cristina cbriva at tin.it
Thu Nov 14 18:39:05 CET 2002

Hello everyone,
as we're talking about Ludwig Von Drake's relation to Donald, I was just wondering... in a not-so-recent italian story (I don't recall the title right now... but the story was about Scrooge planning to invite Ludwig at a conference about Marco Ricci.
Unfortunately, Ludwig was travelling somewhere, so Scrooge demanded Donald to take his place), Scrooge is complaining about a missing expert who should have been at his conference, and Donald asks: "Alludi al cugino Pico?", that means "Do you mean cousin Ludwig?". That's the only story I remember with Donald calling Ludwig his "cousin", so I wondered if it was a mistake, or if he has been referring to Von Drake that way in other italian stories? Or, eventually, in stories from other countries as well?
Just curious
Cristina