About Gladstone sparents

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Nov 15 17:43:39 CET 2002

Kai Saarto <ksaarto at mbnet.fi> wrote:

> M.J. Prior wrote:
>
>> Well, I still think it's a nice story. Dying from over-eating
>> at a free-lunch picknick is a very likely thing to have happened
>> to Gladstone's parents, assuming they must have had about the
>> same character as Gladstone (who manages to get everything for
>> free, due to his good luck).
>
> It would be nice if someone would do a story about how this
> has affected Gladstone. He seems trying to avoid using his
> luck to get too much. For example in Barks' "A Financial
> Fable" he uses his luck only slightly because doesn't want
> to bother for money. Maybe the terrible fate of his parents
> has tought him not to overdo it...

There are several reasons such a story probably won't be done:

a) It will contradict Egomont's official view of the Duck-universe.

b) Death of characters is VERY seldom a topic in these kind of
Disney stories - especially when it comes to tragedies like
this would have been.

> Gladstone as a tragic figure. That would be cool.
> Something like $crooge and Goldie.

Yes, that would be something new, if there is a way it
could be done.

Sigvald :-)