Scrooge's Money Bin is filled with invalid money?

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Nov 15 20:48:53 CET 2002

Hi all!

We know that Scrooge's Money Bin is filled with money he has
earned through a long life. This money which cover notes and
coins representing  most or every known currency are never
used for any other purpose than for Scrooge to swim in them.
But there is also another not so obvious reason why they are
never used - some or even maybe most of that money CANNOT be
used, simply because coins and notes become invalid after some
time when old series of coins and notes is removed in order to
be replaced by new series. This has recently happened in Norway.
The coins and notes we used in Norway when I grew up in the
1970's are now invalid. So the large amount of 10-øre coins
which I collected in those years (I still have them) are invalid.
And then currencies can be changed, as when most EU-countries
recently replaced their old currencies with the new Euro
currency.

Sigvald :-)