Grandpa Duck

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Mon Nov 18 16:20:33 CET 2002

Re: Harry's note on Grandpa Duck:
"The Good Ole' Daze" story (Anders And Nr. 5, 1993?) -
I no longer reside part-year in Danmark, and haven't visited there in 2 years.
I have no access to that story.  Was the Grandpa Duck in that story married
to "Elvira (Elviry)" Duck  "The Grandma Duck"?

Is this the same grandfather of Donald that was referred to in Barks' 1943 10-
page Donald story with the "reverse race", in which the last one to cross the
finish line is the winner?  Donald borrowed Grandpa Duck's old horse.

I always assumed that that grandpa Duck was Donald's father's father (hence the
name "Duck".  However, as Grandma also has the surname "Duck", THIS Grandpa
could also be Grandma's husband, and yet be Donald's sister's husband's mother.

But, then we also have the problem of the generations,-(e.g. whose Grandmother
Grandma is).  Is she Donald's grandmother, or that of donald's Nephews. Is
Grandpa the Nephews' grandfather, or great grandfather???

Rob Klein