Grandma Duck's "brazilian" boyfriend!

Arthur Faria Jr. arthurfaria at projesom.com.br
Tue Nov 19 23:04:52 CET 2002

Fernando wrote:

> I remeber an 80's brazilian short story were Grandma Duck encounter an old
> boyfriend of her.

> I don't remember it quite well, but I think it was published on the
> "Peninha" (Fetrhy Duck) comic book...I don't know, but I presume it's
wrote
> by Renato Canini. (The stories from the 80's that he wroted are usually
very
> short).

> Maybe Arthur can help me to identify that one?

There are actually two Grandma Duck's old boyfriends created by
Brazilian artists, with similar first names but different looks:

 (*** SPOILERS AHEAD!***)

- Patusco Patusquela, an old duck wearing a long white beard and a cane.

  He appeared only in the story B 810330, "Um amor do passado" (A love from
  the past), drawn by Verci de Mello and published in Pato Donald 1732 and
  Disney Especial 145.
  In this story, his identical twin brother named Chatusco (who was unknown
  to Grandma Duck) re-appears 50 years later and tricks her saying he is
  her old boyfriend from the past just to try to marry her. HD&L suspect
  something is wrong and later uncover his plot calling the real Patusco
  (who happens to be already married with 20 children!)

- Patrusco Pato, an old duck with grey hair (Ludwig Van Drake style)
  and wearing a green checked jacket and black bow tie.

  He appeared in two stories, both drawn by Euclides Miyaura:

  a) B 820015 "Um amor do passado no presente" (A love from the
  past in the present), published in Pateta 14 and
  Disney Especial 107.

  Patrusco, who is rich and lives in a mansion "in the South",
  re-appears and asks Grandma Duck to marry him (and therefore
  she no longer needs to work hard in her farm). In the end
  (with a little "help" of the Beagle Boys who appear to rob
  the farm), she proves him it's impossible for her to leave
  her simple farmer life and then he leaves (promising to
  return).

  b) B 820071 "Ti-ti-ti na família Patrusco Pato" (Troubles at
  Patrusco Pato Family) published in Tio Patinhas 246 and
  Disney Especial 137.

  Patrusco invites Grandma to visit his mansion and family, in
  another attempt to make a proposal. But the problem here
 (besides Grandma Duck who still doesn't want to leave her
  simple farmer life) is Patrusco's spoiled sister Pamela who
  doesn't like Grandma because she isn't rich. But in the end
  Grandma finds out that Pamela loves their simple foreman and
  helps them to get together and refuses again Patrusco's proposal
  after proving that living in a rich mansion isn't for her.

  -- Arthur.
  (not making a strike even if I wanted to: there's no
  Disney production in Brazil any more)