Carl Barks' style: proportions

Alejandro Murgia amurgia at me.gov.ar
Sun Nov 24 16:23:05 CET 2002

Hi!

I've noticed a change in the proportions of ducks' head and body in some
stories by Barks around 1958-1959. Head (neck included) used to be circa 1/3
of the body, but around these years the proportions seems to tend to 1/4. Do
you know why? It seems to be a further step in ducks humanization, but it
did not last long, Is there any study of this change, finally discarded?

Alejandro

PS: I enjoy this list very much. If anyone want to exchange some comics with
me, I have old Argentina "Pato Donald" issues form the '50 that could be
interesting to collectors.