Westward Ho! the Wagons

Martin Olsen martin_olsen at post.tele.dk
Mon Nov 25 15:23:18 CET 2002

> Message: 2
> From: "timo ronkainen" <timoro at hotmail.com>
> To: dcml at stp.ling.uu.se
> Subject: Disney western comics
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:05:29 +0200
>
> Hi all!
>
> I'm writing article about western Disney comics. With and without ducks or
> mice. Browsing through Inducks for newspaper and comic book movie
> adaptations, I noticed that Jesse Marsh have done two versions of Westward
> Ho the Wagons! -movie. One for newspapers and one for comic books named
> Wringle Wrangle. Or so it seems, as they are indexed separately. Are these
> two versions different, or is Wringle Wrangle just cut and fitted for comic
> book -form?
> Could someone who owns the comic book check if this newspaper version is
> similar: http://www.perunamaa.net/ankistit/West.html with OS#821?
> Thanks!
>
> Best Wishes
> Timo

Dell comics published its adaptation of the movie Westward Ho! the Wagons in two issues of the Four Color series. The first was W OS  738 with the title Westward Ho the Wagons (art by Dan Spiegle), the second was W OS  821 titled Wringle Wrangle (art by Jesse Marsh).
The artwork for the newspaper strip is different from the comic book art.

Martin.