Prestige comics at prestige prices

James Williams jkwmsga at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 22:22:37 CET 2002

My 2 cents:

Like Dan, I strongly prefer the "comic magazine" format over any other.
Part of its nostalgia, part of its economics and part of it is I find
that format the easiest to read/hold.

While I'll purchase prestige format comics, I hope Gemstone will not
include serialized stories in these comics.  If I'm going to spend $6 or
$7 for a comic, I'd like to have a complete package, not just a few
chapters.

I've no interest in digests (I'm not sure I could read them) and no
interest in oversized comics (they're too hard to store).

I'm thrilled that Gemstone is considering Trade Paper Backs.  Top on my
list would be all (including the prequel and 1/2 chapters) of Don Rosa's
Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck in an affordable ($25/$30) TPB.