Errors in the COA database

Ari Seppi ari.seppi at iki.fi
Fri Nov 29 15:34:17 CET 2002

Sigvald:
>Thomas:
> > As you probably know, the COA has all of its information based
> > on the Inducks database. When something is added to Inducks,
> > it is automatically added to COA shortly after.
>Well, OK, but still they are two separete sites.

Actually I think you've got a bit wrong impression: Inducks database
is not a web site at all, it's a pile of plain text files and Harry's Dizni
program.

François' COA offers an interface to Inducks by generating a MySQL
database from Inducks data and giving access to it via PHP-scripts.

> > Yes, I know it is. Unfortunately, currently there is not much
> > to be done about it, other than to wait a bit. COA has a *lot*
> > of visitors every day, and each search takes up a lot of machine
> > power.
>The problem is the frequent lack of access to
>concrete COA-pages like:
>http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/AR+102//_

Do you mean that they load slowly or that they don't load at all?
If it's the first, then the only*) solution might be, as Thomas
suggested, that you donate him a faster server. :-)
If it's the latter, then there might be some other problem.

*) When I have time, I could try to find some piece of code that
could be safely optimized, but it's not very likely that I find anything.

--
Ari Seppi (ari.seppi at iki.fi)
http://www.iki.fi/mani/