Follow-up: Donna & Mac

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu Oct 17 17:40:57 CEST 2002

Since discussion about Donna & Mac has settled some, and Armando Botto was
so kind as to send me some scans of these characters, I've made them
available for all to see.  Armando, I made them a tad smaller in filesize
to save some server space, but otherwise they are in tact.

First, there's Mac:
http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/ART/donald and mac.jpg
As was said, he's a dognose character, apparently somewhat of a "sea dog"
as it were. LOL!  I'd love to see these comics reprinted!  Don't confuse
Mac with the "other" Sea captain (with the peg-leg) in the strip.

Now for one of the "lost loves" of Donald's life: Donna Duck!

Yep, at least in some places her surname was clearly designated as "Duck."
http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/ART/gh 1937-01 don donald.jpg

Then, there's the infamous meeting of Daisy & Donna, which lends credit to
the understanding that, at least in the comics, they are NOT the same
person.
http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/ART/daisy_donna.jpg

And finally, Donna's fiance', Manuel Gonzales:
http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/ART/donna_manuel.jpg
I, too, suspect it was Mr. Taliaferro's "inside" joke making a caricature
of the creator Manuel Gonzales.  I wonder if Mr. Gonzales is the "creator"
of Donna Duck or if his real-life wife was named Donna... that would be
funny. ;-)

Still, "If" Donna "is" Daisy's sister, and "if" Donna and Manuel married,
does that suppose that Manuel is April, May & June's father???? LOL!

Enjoy.

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com