Subject: Second book

Roy Kooijman r.kooijman4 at chello.nl
Tue Oct 22 17:40:50 CEST 2002

Hi Duco

> The prefaces to our collected '53-weekly
> contained nothing interesting nor new.
Well the copies of the advertisements placed in the Margriet (Dutch
weekly) from 1952 were new to me... But the preface itself was indeed
like you describe. In fact I found it a pity they didn't use better
quality old weeklies for these expensive books. The idea was good, at
least I now have  (copies off) the two issues I miss from 1953 ;-)

> I hope that they'll ask a guy like Roy Kooijman, who
> has both the knowledge and love for the ducks to write
> these kind of prefaces. I for one would look forward
> to his prefaces anyway.
You are too kind Duco, I honoustly don't believe I am able to write such
nice things as Anders did/does!
Besides I wonder if the Dutch editor would find it interesting to place
such prefaces in such a book if they would continue the series... well
maybe,  they do place some extra pieces of text, art and stuff in the
Dutch Beste verhalen and Oom Dagobert (Uncle Scrooge) albums (sometimes)
which is nice!

-- Roy