TIMO: Non-cannibalistic cannibals

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Sun Apr 6 18:25:13 CEST 2003

	Hey Timo,

>In his Donald Duck universe guide,
>( http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/chars/egmont-ddu.html)
>David Gerstein tells that the Black Ducks from Barks' wdc 34 and the
dogfaced
>Tuku
>tribe from Barks' wdc 211 are cannibals.
>
>But in my version, these two tribes are not cannibals, they don't eat
>people.

	I wrote the "Universe Guide" in 1993. Looking back from ten years
later, I can't imagine what was going through my head- except, perhaps,
looking at stereotypically cliched jungle natives, I instinctively referred
to them as cannibals without thinking twice.
	As you correctly point out, they're really innocent of cannibal
cannibals they're not. Donald isn't on the menu. Maybe Per can fix this for
me?

	Apologetically, David
	(mmm... roast duck...)