1st Scrooge McDuck in 1943????

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Apr 10 15:43:27 CEST 2003

GEO:

> He appears with a kilt, Donalds shirt, a bonnet, glasses, sideburns, and a
> cane (he also has a thick scottish accent).  He is a character (that
> appears out of a cloud of all things)

While I can't shed much light on this issue, I'd like to point out that
this is not actually a character, but a depiction of Donald's "thrifty
personality", which is why he appears out of a cloud--Donald is merely
thinking about what these characters say.

An interesting thing to note, though, is that although this Scottish
character is supposed to be the thrifty side of Donald, he does not look
like Donald, the way his spendthrift side does. Instead, he is old and
wears glasses. One can't help but wonder why.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"This is the bit where one of us suggests we split up and look around, and the
 monster picks us off and eats us one by one."
-----