Scrooge vs. Euro

Donald D. Markstein ddmarkstein at cox.net
Tue Feb 4 17:12:53 CET 2003

> Just for the record:
> In the Barks/Rosa universe Scrooge died in 1967,
> 100 years old. So in that universe it would most
> likely be HD&L who has to worry about the
> monetary challenges of our time.

And what record would that be? Rosa himself has said more than once that he
does not desire or expect his ideas about the Ducks' background to bind
other writers and artists. Obviously, they don't bind those taking part in
this discussion, because if he'd died in 1967, the discussion wouldn't even
be taking place.

Sigvald, you remind me of an American superhero fan, carefully cataloguing
all the intricacies of characters' lives, speculating on the gaps, and
"correcting" anyone who doesn't go along with your ideas. I rub elbows with
them every time I go to a comic book store, and burned out on that sort of
stuff years ago.

Quack, Don

Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary.
http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm