Barks Library print run

Geir Hasnes g-hasne at online.no
Wed Feb 5 12:36:17 CET 2003

Hello.

As far as I know, the first set of Carl Barks Library - vol. VIII - was printed in 8000 copies.

This sold slower than expected, thus the next set was printed in either 4000 or 6000 and the one after there in 4000.

After a while they went down to only 3000 copies.

Some of the sets were reprinted with 1000 extra copies as they sold out, but only a few.

Some of the sets had more unreprinted or even unprinted material than others, thus I think a lot of collectors just bought set VI and didn't care for the rest.

Consequently set VI might be the rarest of the sets if it wasn't reprinted. I don't think it was. Sets V and X might also exist with the same low print run and should be more attractive than the rest. Sets I, III, VIII and IX should be the most usual to find.

Geir Hasnes