DCML digest, Vol 1 #1242 - 12 msgs

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Wed Feb 5 15:09:37 CET 2003

Gerd wrote:

> However, as a matter of fact #5 and #10 were tha last sets published in
> the CBL, shortly before the Disney license expired. So, I wouldn't be
> surprised if there are fewer of these volumes around, while some of the
> earlier sets even had a second print run, I believe.

I think possibly one of the first sets published of the original CBL
did go back to press, but the main reason that sets V and X are "rare"
is that the print runs of the CBL sets were adjusted to expectations,
which, along with the Gladstone comics, dropped as time went on. The
print runs of V and X were down to just what orders were on hand, and
only a very tiny number over that - which kind of worked against us on
X, because demand for that after initial orders was surprisingly high.

But we didn't go back to press even on X. The license had expired, and
at that time Disney wasn't giving Another Rainbow/Gladstone any kind of
break. (One now long-gone hotshot even went around saying we were out
of business.)

Gary