Mailing comics etcetera / Don Rosa calendar

olaf@andebyonline.com olaf at andebyonline.com
Thu Feb 6 09:18:50 CET 2003

Dear friends -

Some weeks ago, I ordered a Don Rosa calendar for Fernando. (Don't worry, I ordered one for myself too!) Now I am about to send it to him, but I need some advice. I have never mailed calendars/comics/etcetera before, and of course it is important that the calendar is not too damaged on its way from Norway to Brazil.

How should I wrap it so that it will still look like a calendar when it arrives in São Paulo?

Speaking of the Don Rosa calendar: In my opinion, the illustrations were _GREAT_! Not only because of the great art, but because of the magnificent French colourists! This is the kind of sight that makes you want to move to France right away!

One question: In the text Don Rosa has written for every month, it says where to find the D.U.C.K. dedication. (Which in my opinion is bad - I prefer reading the texts before I examine the picture, and it's hard to avoid the part about the D.U.C.K.!) But _not_ in the text for December! Why is that? Is it so that we can have a great Christmas time looking for it? Is it because it looked better to end the calendar with "happy New Year and thanks for being the world's greatest Duck fans" - or is it because the picture DON'T contain a D.U.C.K. for some reason? (OK, I must confess - I haven't looked yet)