LInda and Valentin

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 11:03:43 CET 2003

>the Venusian space ships are more or less copies of the space ship that
>Linda and Valentin has.

Which was more or less copied from old Bob Powell's comics Vic Torry from
1950's. Vic and his girlfriend had very similar saucer like vehicle which
they used to fly around solar system.

>Great I thought but is it really allowed to copy like that ?

Of course, it's within fair use. You could also even show Linda and Valentin
(Valerian and Laureline in original) in couple of panels. Comics history is
full of these kind of pictorial quotes.
Couple of weeks earlier (at least in Finnish weekly AA n:o 3) we saw Donald
reading Don Quijote version illustrated by Pablo Picasso.
http://www.cwquijote.com/Mundo_Quijote/Pintura/Pintura%20Picasso.html

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -