translation & duck reality

Mary O'Benar obie at sanctum.com
Mon Feb 10 13:56:30 CET 2003

To me, $crooge was around in the 1890s. He was around in the 1950s when
I was a kid, and he is still around today. This does not make him a
less powerful character.    Nils from Norway=20

Nils, That is so very well put, best I've heard yet.

About translating, I'm wondering why artists' contracts don't specify
enough quality control to cover such eventualities.  Can an artist
please enlighten?  Or is is like the officers at my museum, they
simply, blithefully, willfully ignore any rule that is in their way--

mary obe