(no subject)

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Mon Feb 17 01:14:42 CET 2003

For Cord: I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing out that I was so insensitive.
Certainly, if two beings have (at least remotely)similar levels of
intelligence, no matter how different they look, the can love each other's
minds, hearts and spirits (and thus essence).  In that situation, their mutual
physical attraction would NOT be akin to bestiality. And then, as Cord
mentioned, gene splicing, cloning and all the other measures both he and I
mentioned would be available for a marriage or other official or non-official
union of those two beings, to have and raise children.  Incidentally, I am a
bigot (as one might have concluded from my statement).

As Gary Leach mentioned, regarding the "truth" about egg hatching vs. "live
birth", perhaps for most fans that question has little importance.  In fact,
for many fans, the very act of considering such "problems" deeply, may be
something to be avoided, for the sake of keeping the "magic feeling". This is
especially true, as such a determination is not necessary for enjoying the
great majority (if not virtually all)"Duck stories".

For A.C.: could Kaalrabi be a type of stuffed cabbage.  A cabbage wrapping
around a mixed meat and/or vegetable filling?  (the kaal (kol) being cabbage
and the "rabi" refering to the caterpillar of the cabbage butterfly?  It is
greean and a lumpy shape.  Perhaps the green cabbage wrapped lumps are not
round, but oblong, and look similar to the green caterpillar???  With all the
Northern Europeans on this list, I am sure we will get a definitive answer.

Rob
Klein