food, but Not eggs!

Mary O'Benar obie at sanctum.com
Mon Feb 17 05:18:23 CET 2003

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Siveb=E6k
Donaldist
Your personal tour of Norway was interesting to a person whose
greatgrandparents emigrated from Stavanger.  Komler sounds familiar.
Have you had either of these desserts--Lefse and Kringle? I still have
Grandma Teal's recipes for both, just haven't got a wood burning cast
iron stove or oven, which seemed to make them taste better, especially
the Lefse.
Please tell Sigvald #4 that I do museum work too, I'm curator at a
small history museum.  I spent most of today searching ebay for old
orange crate advertising labels from this area, some are very beautful.
That kind of fanciful art was also a place where the details of Reality
was not a binding factor.  I am so glad we have someone reporting on
their ducktravels, as I am considerably worried, after your long and no
doubt unended procreation dissection, that quite a few messagers are
Not Getting Out Enough!  get a grip, take a trip.

Rob Klein, it's Kohlrabi, and I wondered that too about Komler.

Larry Givers observation is intriguing--  are Just Plain Awfulians
closer to human.  I always thought Carl Barks simply meant them to be
socially and, therefore also visually "squares"--  a la the
beatnick-led slang  of the time.   Which brings the subject back to
music-- does anyone have any info.  that there was a Real World song
that begins "Oh the World Owes Me a Living..."  How about a tune for
"Mophead Molly is Off Her Trolley?"
M. O'Benar