DCML digest #1262

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue Feb 18 20:10:11 CET 2003

From: <H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl>
>>>It's just one of those unwritten comic laws: coins should be yellow.
Banknotes should be green. Water should be blue. Roofs should be red.

...And the sun should be yellow. I've always wondered, even when I was a
kid, why people think the sun is yellow. I think it's only because when
we're lil' kids with crayons we don't want to leave the sun white in our
drawings. And then we read our comic books with those yellow suns. Even my
dear Mort Wisinger Superman comics always referred to a "yellow sun". And
yet ol' Sol is plain ol' white (colorless).

From: Kriton Kyrimis <kyrimis at cti.gr>
> DON:
> Dan Shane says that I should publicly blame my
> Microsoft OE for the misdeed and I will gain extra points.

I refer to the MS "Outlook Express" (OE) which I use for my e-mail and
newsgroups, etc. (and which usually behaves quite well for me). But it was
my OE that did the dirty deed.

From: "Lars Jensen" <lpj at forfatter.dk>
frequently teamed them up. And their successors continue to do so.

*Some* of their successors do so.