DCML digest #1268

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Fri Feb 21 16:00:58 CET 2003

Don Rosa wrote:

[About the two covers in Sigvalds page]

> But my guess is that the Euro version is the way I drew it, and the American
> version is flipped. This might be because the Euro version appeared on
> Donald Duck titles and the American version was used on an Uncle $crooge
> title. The main character, the title character, should be facing to the
> right, "forward", in the direction the story will be read.

Perhaps the U$-version was flipped because they wanted to put that
little white box with Donald in it. If it hadn´t been flipped, it would
have concealed Donald somewhat.

BTW, I like the U$ coloring better, same deal with that "Son of the Sun"
cover... colorists seemed to completely different ideas about should be
depicted as gold in the latter. I think the U$ colorist looks much more
believable.

--
- Kai Saarto
http://www.perunamaa.net/donrosa