"Duck Man" Anniversary, pop-ups , Xanadu cover

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 21 17:22:03 CET 2003

Hi everyone!

Sigvald:
Thanks for the (very nice) scans and congratulations! I love your site's design-- very clear and
nice.

Timo & Gilles:
I've thought of  doing pop-ups for my map of  young Scrooge's travels around the world (as told in
L&T), but had to make do with the common yellow pop-up because I didn't had time to toy around with
html.
you can find many html / dhtml / javascript  sites that will show you how to do it-- plus, you can
always look at the source of  any web page to see how they've done it (Explorer & Netscape: View
menu, Page Source).
Here is a script site I like:
http://javascript.internet.com/
And a new script ("new" is relative here; one I hadn't seen) which enables you to include links &
pix in your yellow pop-ups:
http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/pop-up-link-with-description.html
They surely have something about "true pop-ups", ie small windows.
Once you ahv the code, Gilles, you don't need a fancy web page editor to include it in your page:
just open your web htm/html file in Window's notepad. Naturally, a fancy web page editor does help--
Dreamweaver, for instance, in which you can display both code & web page at once in a split-screened
window-- or only the code.

Don Rosa:
>>>I guess I should be answering this, but I'm not sure that I can! I did this
>>>cover about 13 years ago!
>>>But my guess is that the Euro version is the way I drew it, and the American
>>>version is flipped. This might be because the Euro version appeared on
>>>Donald Duck titles and the American version was used on an Uncle $crooge
>>>title. The main character, the title character, should be facing to the
>>>right, "forward", in the direction the story will be read.

The D.U.C.K. dedication will tell how it was drawn. Unfortunately, I can't find it!
Not even (I'm quite ashamed to admit) with a DUCK spoiler! According to Alberto Becattini's list
(Don Rosa e il Rinascimento Disneyano), it is in the "bottom left brush". Well, I can't see it.
:(  not even the tell-tale dots. The picture in the book is that of  the US cover, by the way.

Olivier