DCML digest #1272

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Feb 24 01:25:13 CET 2003

From: Gary Leach (bangfish at comcast.net)
Subject: Flip (Flop)
 >>>As much as we may have fiddled with Don's covers at Gladstone, I do not
recollect a single instance in which we outright flipped (or flopped)
one.

Ah, yes, there is!!! And not that I object, because I assume you needed the
UPC symbol on a certain side (?). But you flipped *at least* the cover of
UNCLE $CROOGE #295 and the matching cover to the 4th "Lo$" album. The proof,
as the man said, is in the fact that the "D.U.C.K." dedication is backwards.
So, there may have been others, but this proves there was at least the two
(or one, depending how you look at it)(which is backwards) covers that you
flipped (and-slash-or flopped).

>>> Most of his cover illustrations are models of painstaking
compositional symmetry, and can be readily flopped - but simply by
being such, there's never any need.

Oh, please!!! You're very kind, but you're seeing abilities and efforts that
are not there! All of my cover illustrations are simply the result of my
effort to get as MUCH into the scene as possible, regardless of the artistry
of the composition or the hourly labor fee.