Alecto: covers

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Thu Jan 2 16:55:38 CET 2003

Hi Tony,

> I'm still indexing Australian issues and was wondering if there were
anyone here with a good collection of old (1960's) Italian issues that could
give me a hand to work out the correct codes for some Australian covers that
I suspect originated on Italian comics, one of them I know is G319 which has
the art from "Almanacco Topolino" Febbraio 1963, as I have a copy of this
Italian issue.
Here's a page with the covers I need to identify -
http://www.goulburn.net.au/~alecto/ucovers.html

Most of these covers are not drawn by Italian artists. It looks like some
Australian artist traced/redrew original American covers, or panels from
American stories.
A few of them are not redrawn, though:
G453 is W WDC  341-00
G494 is W WDC  357-00
G519 is W WDC  373-00
G564 is W WDC  376-00
A few others look familiar, but I can't find them now.
Instead, the following have an Italian (Perego) feel:
G473
G489
G491

Ciao,