Mickey Parade & A li'l announcement

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 8 19:32:07 CET 2003

Hello!

Gilles:
>>Mickey Parade Géant  countains a nice surprise  a christmas story ( Amelia e il segreto di Babbo
Natale I
>>TL 2405-1 ) with Rosolio (Magica's "boyfriend"), Granny de Spell, and Minima de Spell
>> another funny detail : the page 5 hasn't been translated into french, si it's still italian

Funny indeed. the story's premise (asking Santa Scrooge's dime) was intriguing, but i found the
story only so-so-- just my humble opinion.

However, there's something I like and have meant to mention on the DCML for a little while: "Les
Chroniques de la Baie" (Chronicles from the Bay), by Alberto Savini (story) and Stefano Turconi
(art).
It's a series of  stories starring Moby Duck and Feathry, plus a host of  new characters, and set in
the little harbor of  Duckport-- the technology is nineteenth-centuryish. I love this series! I
think Savini & Turconi succesfully "appropriated" Moby & Fethry and created an interesting little
universe of  their own.

MP 271 also features a second Mckey adventure in a parallel universe, Dimension M. I haven't read
this second story yet-- since there are only so many stories per issue, I don't read the whole thing
at once, to make it last longer; maybe I've been reading Uncle Scrooge stories too long...
The first installment was okay. Some intriguing ideas, but the story was a bit loose-ended. I hope
it evolves the right way.

Now for a little announcement-- which I posted on my site's news page (The Daily-War Drum on-Line--
click on Donald sellig newspapers: http://ob7.free.fr/mice_and_ducks/ ) this morning.
You are all invited to check out M&D next Monday for the launch of  a very special feature. I can't
tell more right now-- only that the date is not fortuitous. I think it ought to make for an
interesting experience.

All the best,

Olivier