Moby, Fethry

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Wed Jan 8 22:50:43 CET 2003

Hello Olivier-

RE: "Chronicles of the Bay" MPG 270 (Oct-Nov 2002)

WOW!  This is cool.  I'm very envious since, as you no doubt have
heard millions of times, we have no real Disney comics in the USA!

> Top left insert: Azimuth; rich and mean (as you may have guessed)
> Bottom left: Wang, one of  his henchmen
> Top right: Saggola, yet another henchmen-- more naive

Interesting.  I will have to add a note concerning them in Moby's
new HooZoo entry.

> Bottom right: guest star-- the Beagle Boys as (unnamed) pirates

Of course. :-)

> Taking the picture is Nina, owner of the Black Pearl tavern

Is she perhaps Moby's love interest?

> The big redhead guy is Isidore, the boatmaker

Does he adventure regularly with Fethry and Moby in the Chronicles?

> The seagull is Tripes ("entrails"-- he has a ferocious appetite);
> doesn't speak, by the way.

LOL! So he's a "real" seagull, then? LOL!  What about Moby's pet
porpoise (dolphin) named Porpy?  Is he a regular member of the
cast, too?

I assume the Eskimo-looking guy holding the snowball is not a regular
character then?

Are there any others who regularly appear?

And, yes, I am interested in larger versions, but only of the
actual characters so I can properly include them in the profiles.
Preferrably full-body images so I can see what their clothes
look like, too. A brief description of their purpose in the
stories would be helpful, too.

Here is Dim-Witty's old profile, but I don't have his picture
uploaded at the moment.
http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/rich/dzone/hoozoo/dimwitty.html

He does look similar to Fethry, but he's stupider than Fethry.
Moby has had several first mates over the decades, including
Gus Goose and Donald Duck.  I'm willing to bet that the writers
of the current Chronicles either mistook Dim-Witty for Fethry OR
they figured Fethry was more established than Dim-Witty as a
recognizable character.

It would have been nice if these chronicles also included
Donald's old sidekick Mac the Sailor.

Thank you for sharing this information with me and the List.

-Rich Bellacera